Ferrysburg MI Real Estate
A city in Ottawa County, Ferrysburg is home to nearly 3,000 permanent residents. It occupies approximately 3.5 square miles, and is located on the northern side of the Grand River, right where it flows out into Lake Michigan.
Ferrysburg is surrounded by the nearby communities of Grand Haven, Spring Lake, and Spring Lake Township. It was incorporated as a city in 1963, and is named after its founding father, William M. Ferry, a missionary who founded a number of other settlements in Ottawa County.
The city is known as a quiet residential location with a charming waterfront atmosphere, a vibrant community, and several areas perfect for enjoying outdoor recreation.
- The city park treats its visitors to a gorgeous view of the Grand River, where you can spot boats making their way to Grand Haven and Lake Michigan.
- Fishing enthusiasts will feel right at home in Ferrysburg, as the city boasts several excellent fishing spots where you can catch rainbow trout, catfish, bluegill, and more.
- Downtown Grand Haven, located less than 10 minutes away, is a great place to visit. The area plays host to a number of events throughout the year, and is home to a selection of unique shops, eateries, and cafés.
- The city provides a variety of services for its residents, including city-wide fall leaf pick up, 24-hour emergency service, automatic bill payment, curbside brush pick up, snow removal, and more.
There are plenty of great housing options for those planning to move to Ferrysburg. Choose from:
- Comfortable two-bedroom bungalows
- Charming ranch-style homes
- Custom homes with excellent features and amenities
- Spacious, five-bedroom homes with panoramic views of Lake Michigan
- Vacant lots on which to build your very own dream home