Fruitport MI Real Estate
Fruitport Charter Township is a charter township located in Muskegon County with a population of more than 12,000 residents. The village of Fruitport, known for its excellent athletic programs, can be found within the 30-square mile township.
The township used to be known as Crawville, named after its founder, Edward L. Craw. It was later renamed Fruitport as the town served as a port and was surrounded by fertile fruit-growing land.
Today, Fruitport Township is a community where residents enjoy a high quality of life, with convenient access to excellent schools, beautiful parks, and top-notch shopping and dining.
- The Fruitport Community Schools district serves the township. Schools within the area are Edgewood Elementary School, Beach Elementary School, Shettler Elementary School, Fruitport Middle School, and Fruitport High School.
- It is said that Babe, the mythical blue ox of popular folk hero and lumberjack Paul Bunyan, was born in Fruitport in 1827.
- The Fruitport Country Club features a top-notch 18-hole course, and a clubhouse with a full-service bar and snacks. Those looking for an exclusive venue for corporate events, wedding receptions, proms, class reunions, and more can rent out the club’s banquet facility.
- Shopaholics can look forward to endless hours of shopping at The Lakes Mall, a 645,000-square foot center that’s home to more than 60 retailers, a food court, and movie theaters.
- Cozy two or three-bedroom bungalows
If you’re looking for a home in Fruitport Township, there are plenty of excellent housing options available in this great, laid-back community. You can choose from:
- Expertly crafted custom homes on charming, tree-lined streets
- Spacious five-bedroom homes that feature panoramic views of Spring Lake
- Acres of vacant land on which you can turn the home of your dreams from vision to reality