Nunica MI Real Estate
Nunica is an unincorporated community located in Ottawa County, near the heart of Crockery Township. It has an estimated population of more than 3,000, and is located near the communities of Fruitport Charter Township, Coopersville, Crockery, and Spring Lake.
Nunica’s first inhabitants were the Ottawa Native Americans. The community’s name was derived from their term “menonica,” which means “clay earth,” the material used for pottery. (This is the same way Crockery Creek got its name).
Nunica is a fantastic place to raise a family, with beautiful surroundings, excellent restaurants, outstanding schools nearby, and venues perfect for a variety of outdoor activities.
- Golfers can head to Terra Verde, a superb 18-hole public golf course set in a picturesque location. The master-planned course is excellent for a relaxing round of golf, and is also an ideal venue for corporate outings, business meetings, or wedding receptions.
- Outdoor enthusiasts can take a short trip to the Crockery Creek Natural Area, a 331-acre expanse that features over two miles of hiking and cross-country ski trails. Visitors can go on an enjoyable trek that will take them through floodplain forests, wooded ridges, and a changing landscape alive with diverse flora and fauna.
- Who can resist a relaxing paddling trip on the nearby Grand River Heritage Water Trail, a network of navigable waterways that take visitors through rivers, lakes, canals, and historic areas? Nunica residents certainly can’t!
An excellent selection of property can be found in Nunica. Choose from among the following options:
- Comfortable two or three-bedroom bungalows
- Charming ranch-style homes surrounded by acres of woods
- Expansive custom homes situated in quiet neighborhoods.
Vacant land and lots are also available for those who want to build their very own dream home from the ground up.