Grand Haven MI Real Estate
Incorporated in 1867, the City of Grand Haven is the county seat of Ottawa County, and is part of the Holland-Grand Haven Metropolitan Area. The city occupies a total area of 7.36 square miles, and is located right at the mouth of Grand River, which is how it got its name. There are more than 10,000 permanent residents in Grand Haven.
The community has a rich history that dates back more than 300 years, when it served as a trading outpost for fur, cattle, and lumber. Today, the area is bursting with an exciting mix of attractions, which include pristine beaches; incredible shopping, dining, and entertainment venues; and unforgettable events, festivals, parades, and concerts that are held all throughout the year.
- Lovers of the outdoors will feel right at home in Grand Haven, as the port community boasts plenty of opportunities to enjoy different activities such as boating, fishing, hiking, skating, biking, camping, and much, much more.
- Residents as well as visitors of Grand Haven are treated to numerous enjoyable events held throughout the year. Among the most popular are the Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival, the Great Lakes Kite Festival, the Spring Lake Heritage Festival, the Grand Haven Art Festival, Winterfest, and many more.
- Enjoy a stroll along Grand Haven’s two-and-a-half mile boardwalk, which stretches from the harbor to the banks of Grand River. Head up the pier and take in the captivating views of the lighthouse and Lake Michigan, or spend an unforgettable day just checking out the numerous shops, restaurants, and marinas lining the boardwalk.
Thinking about moving to Grand Haven? There’s a fantastic selection of available property in this great community. Options include:
- Cozy two- to three-bedroom homes
- Charming ranch-style homes on tree-lined streets
- Beautiful custom-built estates which feature breathtaking views of Lake Michigan
If you prefer building your very own dream home, there’s also plenty of vacant land available in the area.