Grand Rapids MI Real Estate
Grand Rapids is Michigan’s second largest city and West Michigan’s largest, occupying a total area of 45 square miles. It is home to an estimated population of more than 192,000 permanent residents. The city is nicknamed “Furniture City” due to its long history of furniture production, and is still, to this day, home to several headquarters of the world’s leading office furniture manufacturers.
Grand Rapids is home to a plethora of unique attractions, enjoyable activities, and memorable year-round events. It’s a big city that has managed to retain its small-town charm, where residents and visitors can enjoy global-caliber outdoor activities, an impressive art scene, interesting museums and historical sites, pristine waters and sugary sand beaches, gigantic shopping malls, top-notch restaurants, some of the best craft breweries, and so much more.
- You’ll find many great live concert venues in Grand Rapids, such as the Royce Auditorium, the Intersection, the Van Andel Arena, the Orbit Room, DeVos Hall, the Deltaplex, and more.
- Lonely Planet named Grand Rapids the No. 1 U.S. Travel Destination in 2014.
- Grand Rapids is one of the country’s greenest cities. The city’s metro area boasts a great number of LEED-certified (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) buildings and structures.
- The city has been named by Forbes Magazine as one of the best places in the country to raise a family.
- Grand Rapids is home to at least 15 institutions of higher learning. Students here can choose from different colleges, which include community colleges, state universities, private colleges, and Christian colleges.
Planning on living in Grand Rapids? An excellent selection of available properties is waiting for you. Choose from:
- Charming two- or three-bedroom homes
- Beautiful contemporary-style homes filled with desirable features
- Spacious, six-bedroom homes in exclusive gated communities