Holland MI Real Estate
Located close to the eastern shores of Lake Michigan, Holland is a coastal city that falls within the Grand Rapids-Wyoming Metropolitan Statistical Area, covering a total area of 17.35 square miles. The city is the largest in Ottawa County, and is home to an estimated population of more than 33,000 permanent residents. Holland is located between Chicago and Detroit, and is just around 20 minutes from Grand Rapids.
Holland was founded in 1847 by Dr. Albertus Van Raalte. He was the leader of several groups of Dutch immigrants who fled from the economic depression of their home country. Van Raalte intended to lead his people to New York, but changed plans midway when he got word of available territory in West Michigan.
Today, the City of Holland is known as one of America’s most affordable cities to live, and is an ideal location to raise a family, retire, or start a business. It is home to top-caliber attractions, outstanding parks and beaches, and one-of-a-kind festivals.
- Depending on your location, everything in the city is virtually just a few minutes away. Many residents enjoy walking to the parks, restaurants, and shops in the area.
- The city’s own Holland Hospital is a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital. The hospital is equipped with the latest medical technology, and is one of the best when it comes to providing exceptional patient care.
- Holland is home to the Holland Civic Theatre, the Knickerbocker Theatre, The Park Theatre, and The Hope Summer Repertory Theater – great venues for those who enjoy watching live performances.
- Festivals in Holland include the Tulipanes Latino Art & Film Festival, Dutch Winterfest, the Ottawa County Fair, and Tulip Time.
There’s an excellent array of available homes waiting for you in Holland. Choose from:
- Charming two- or three-bedroom bungalows
- Beautiful ranch-style homes
- Luxury condos complete with top-notch amenities
- Gorgeous lakefront estates that feature breathtaking views of Macatawa Lake
Plenty of vacant land is also available for those planning to build their dream home from the ground up.