Hudsonville MI Real Estate
Located in Ottawa County, Hudsonville is a small city with an estimated population of more than 7,000 permanent residents. It covers 4.14 square miles, and is located next to the communities of Georgetown Charter Township, Jamestown, Grandville, and Blendon Township.
The city is named after Homer E. Hudson, one of its earliest settlers. Hudsonville experienced rapid growth in 1873, when the Chicago and West Michigan Railroad made its way to the area, paving the way for an influx of Dutch immigrants.
Today, Hudsonville is known as one of the best places to live in West Michigan. The city is home to a friendly community of residents, exceptional public and private schools, well-kept houses, and beautiful community and neighborhood parks, which serve as ideal locations to enjoy great recreational activities.
- Hudsonville is nicknamed “Michigan’s Salad Bowl” because of the abundance of crops that grow in the city’s muck fields, which include onions, celery, carrots, and other vegetables.
- Hudsonville boasts five excellent city parks featuring picnic areas, playgrounds, basketball courts, baseball diamonds, and other sporting areas.
- Take a guided tour of Hudsonville’s 76-acre Nature Center, an expansive nature preserve where visitors get to walk through breathtaking woodlands, wetlands, and prairies.
- Residents of Hudsonville enjoy unique events and celebrations held throughout the year such as art festivals, outdoor concerts, organized hikes, food festivals, book sales, and more.
- A plan to improve and enhance Hudsonville’s downtown area is currently underway. Once completed, Downtown Hudsonville will feature a new community park, updated buildings, more shops, and numerous art and public spaces.
Hudsonville has a fantastic selection of available homes for those looking to live in this great community. Options include:
- Comfortable two or three-bedroom homes or apartments
- Charming ranch-style homes surrounded by wooded landscapes
- Spacious contemporary homes filled with top-quality features and amenities.
Those planning on designing and building their very own custom home will also find plenty of available vacant lots.