Muskegon MI Real Estate
The City of Muskegon is located in the southwest corner of Muskegon Township, along the shores of Lake Michigan. It covers a total area of 18.12 square miles, and is home to approximately 37,000 permanent residents.
The city’s name is derived from “masquigon,” a term used by Ottawa tribesmen to refer to a marshy river or swamp. During its early days, the area attracted many fur traders and trappers because of the many fur trading posts in the area.
Today, residents of Muskegon enjoy a high quality of life and easy access to quality performance venues, interesting historical sites, white sand beaches, fantastic restaurants and eateries, enjoyable events, and miles of wilderness trails.
- Muskegon hosts several top-notch art and performance venues, which include the Muskegon Museum of Art, the West Michigan Symphony, the Howmet Playhouse, the Muskegon Civic Theatre, and the Frauenthal Center for the Performing Arts.
- Muskegon has a rich maritime history. Residents and visitors can join a tour and get to see the town’s unique collection of cruise ships, submarines, and other vessels.
- For great shopping, head to Muskegon’s excellent shopping centers like The Lakes Mall, Lakeshore Marketplace, Sherman Center, among many other similar hubs within the surrounding communities.
- Foodies in Muskegon are in for a real treat, as the city boasts a diverse variety of culinary options ideal for every palate. Whether you’re looking for hearty comfort food or unique fusion cuisine, Muskegon has it all.
There’s an excellent variety of available homes that await those planning to live in this fantastic city. Available options include:
- Cozy two- to three-bedroom bungalows perfect for small families
- Beautiful ranch-style homes
- Elegant Victorians with panoramic views of Lake Michigan
Want to build your very own dream home from the ground up? Plenty of vacant land is available in the area as well.