Rockford MI Real Estate
Rockford is a city in northern Kent County located along the banks of the Rogue River, just around 10 miles north of Grand Rapids. The city occupies a total area of 3.31 square miles, and is home to nearly 6,000 permanent residents.
Back in 1844, the city was called Laphamville after its first notable settler, Smith Lapham. It was incorporated as a village in June of 1866, and officially christened Rockford.
Today, Rockford is known as an enjoyable place to start a career and raise a family. It offers a variety of recreational activities, picturesque lakes and rivers, excellent golf courses, fun events, fantastic shopping centers and restaurants, and unforgettable outdoor trails.
- Love the outdoors? Go on an adventure on the beautiful White Pine Trail, a scenic 92-mile recreational trail which once served as a railroad line. The trail winds through Rockford, Belmont, and along the Rogue River, and is ideal for walking, jogging, skating, biking, and more.
- Rockford hosts a total of 36 annual events and festivals, which include Art in the Park, Harvest Fest, Relay for Life of Rockford, the Rockford Community Expo, the Rogue River Blues Series, the Santa Parade, and many more.
- Indian Trails, an intercity bus service, provides daily trips for Rockford residents to the cities of Grand Rapids and Petoskey.
- Golfers can tee off at one of Rockford’s many golf courses, both public and private, including Braeside Golf Club, the North Kent Golf Course, the Silver Lake Country Club, and more.
There’s a fine selection of homes available in Rockford for even the most discerning of homebuyers. Options include:
- Comfortable two to three-bedroom bungalows
- Beautiful lakefront homes
- Spacious five-bedroom Cape Cod-style homes surrounded by acres of woods
For those who prefer building their own dream home, there’s also plenty of vacant land available.