Spring Lake MI Real Estate
Spring Lake is a civil township located in Ottawa County. It is situated along the banks of the Grand River, and is minutes away from communities such as Grand Haven, Ferrysburg, Muskegon, Nunica, and Fruitport. The township covers a total area of nearly 20 square miles, and is home to more than 13,000 permanent residents.
The area of Spring Lake was once inhabited by Native Americans, who later gave up their land after a series of treaties. Some of Spring Lake’s earliest settlers were Benjamin Hopkins, Jabez Barber, and Richard Mason, who moved from Canada after William Mackenzie’s rebellion in 1837.
Spring Lake is a vibrant community that provides its residents with an excellent quality of life. It is a place surrounded by absolutely breathtaking scenery, with convenient access to excellent schools, unique shops, top-quality restaurants, and a plethora of fun recreational activities.
- Because of its close proximity to the Grand River, Spring Lake offers plenty of water-based outdoor fun like boating, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, and more.
- Its many parks, beaches, trails, and campgrounds beckon residents and visitors out of doors. Lakeside Beach, Lakeside Trail, Tanglefoot Campground and Boat Docks, Central Park, and Mill Point Park and Boat Launch provide numerous opportunities to stay active.
- Residents can drop by Spring Lake’s Farmer’s Market each Thursday during the months of June to October. The open-air market is a great place to purchase seasonal produce, flowers, plants, garden items, and more.
There’s an excellent assortment of properties awaiting those who want to move to Spring Lake. Homebuyers can opt for:
- Cozy two or three-bedroom homes
- Charming ranch-style homes
- Luxurious five-bedroom houses with panoramic waterscape views
There’s plenty of vacant land as well for those dreaming of building their ideal custom home.