Zeeland MI Real Estate
Zeeland is a small city within Ottawa County, located on the western boundary of Zeeland Charter Township, around 25 miles west of the City of Grand Rapids. It covers a total area of approximately three square miles, and is home to more than 5,000 permanent residents.
The city is named after the province of Zeeland in the Netherlands, where many of the immigrants who came to the area during the 1800s hailed from. They were led by Jannes van de Luijster, an affluent landowner who sold all his holdings so he could move to America.
Today, Zeeland is known as a community that offers its residents an exceptional quality of life – perfect for those planning to raise a family or retire. It is home to a delightful downtown area, top-quality restaurants, one-of-a-kind shops and boutiques, and fun-filled year-round events and festivals.
- Zeeland’s fantastic community parks are the perfect setting for a variety of family-friendly outdoor activities. Parks in Zeeland include Hoogland Park, Lawrence Street Park, Huizenga Park, and Three Corner Park.
- Zeeland residents enjoy a multitude of fun events, gatherings, and festivals organized by city officials. These events include fun runs, live music performances, food bazaars, art fairs, book sales, and more.
- Many world-renowned companies such as Mead Johnson, Howard Miller, Herman Millar, and Gentex are based in the city of Zeeland.
- Nearby colleges and universities include Hope College, Grand Rapids Community College, Calvin College, and Grand Valley State University.
Plenty of top-notch homes are available for those looking for property in Zeeland. Homebuyers can choose from among:
- Cozy two- or three-bedroom homes or condos
- Picture-perfect ranch-style homes
- Beautiful contemporary-style homes
- Expansive five-bedroom homes with beautifully manicured lawns
For those who prefer bringing their very own dream home from vision to reality, there’s plenty of vacant land available as well.